Wednesday 11 March 2015

Made in Felt is back! Hurrah!

Remember Made in Felt?

It's one of those "special issue" bookazines that pop up in the newsagent from time to time, themed (as you might guess from the title) around felt crafting,... and a new issue has just been published!


I'm always happy to see this magazine as it's always gorgeous and filled with lots of fun and colourful felt projects - and you know I'm a big fan of all things felt-y. I've also been very lucky to have something of mine featured in each issue. This issue my owl ornaments make an appearance:

 

(If you fancy making your own owls you'll find the how to HERE.)

It's wonderful to have my work featured anywhere (big or small) but it's especially nice to see my felt-y creations in amongst felt-y awesomeness from so many great makers.


I particularly love these needle felted baking bears...

 

... these completely adorable slippers...

 

... this interview with Lucy Sparrow (creator of the amazing felt cornershop I visited last year)...

 

... and the cute as a button cover project designed by Manuela of i ManuFatti.

Manuela sells PDF patterns on Etsy and shares lots of free tutorials on her blog. She was also a guest blogger here on my blog last year, sharing a tutorial for a wonderful toadstool pincushion. I'm always delighted when I see people I "know" from the world of crafty blogging pop up in magazines, getting nice press features, etc. It is such a nice, happy feeling seeing people whose work you admire doing awesome things and getting recognised for their awesomeness.

So, I was already smiling to see Manuela's project on the cover and to read her interview...


... and then I spotted that she'd sweetly mentioned me and my blog! Such a nice surprise :)


Made in Felt is out now (I found a copy in my local branch of WHSmith). It's available to buy online here, with worldwide delivery. 

3 comments:

gibbygoo56 said...

Cute magazine! I can see why you like it so much! Too adorable!

Unknown said...

Hiya, loved this magazine, when is it out?
Been on whsmith website and it's not there??
Steph

Bugs and Fishes said...

Hi Stephanie - it's out now! I think WHSmith only sells subscriptions on its website, not individual copies?

You can buy a copy of Made in Felt here: http://craft.buysubscriptions.com/Special-Issues/Made-in-Felt