Saturday 3 January 2009

Turning Over a New Leaf

A bit late, I know, but I've been thinking about my New Year's Resolutions... and (rather appropriately) embroidering some leaves at the same time:
(most of those are destined to become hairbands like this one).

I went back and read last year's resolutions and was astonished by how I'm thinking along almost identical lines this year! I think I did quite well at sticking to last year's plans, but plan on upping the ante a bit this time round...

1) I want bigger and better things for my business, to be more professional about everything I do and not be scared to try new things or invest in important things like business cards, large amounts of packaging materials, etc.

2) Last year I started making things in batches, but this year the batches have to be bigger and more well planned (test if it sells first, then make a batch of it!) and I definitely need to be better prepared for Christmas! Experimentation and fun new designs are still very high up on my agenda, but I want to have a nice little "collection" (gosh that word feels pretentious!) that I can make in batches, sell in all of my shops, and also have available for wholesale.

3) My 365 project is over but the daily craftiness must continue! I've been loving all the tutorials I've written in the run up to Christmas, and very much plan on continuing these - I don't know what I'll end up making, but it will be wonderful to make things that have nothing whatsoever to do with making money but are just for fun and for sharing. I am also determined to learn how to knit "properly" (using proper patterns and more than one stitch) and will keep you all updated on my progress.

Last year I also wrote that "2008 is also the year of getting our flat sorted out" and that "one of the first household tasks "to do" is attending to my potplants, giving them some love and attention and potting up some cuttings I've been rooting on my kitchen windowsill in teeny little herb jars" ... and very embarrassingly I have to admit that this year, yet again, there are some neglected cuttings on my windowsill and our flat is still a big unfinished mess! Never mind, eh?

4 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

It's been really great seeing all the wonderful things you accomplished last year- I'm sure 2009 will please doubly.

Happy New Year!

Rhiannon said...

Those leaves are lovely :D

You have also reminded me that I've yet to make my resolutions for this year!

Oh, and don't worry about the plants, they'll be far more resiliant than you'd ever expect

x

Chris said...

You are so ambitious! I have one resolution, and I'm a bit scared!

I love those leaves. I wish I could buy everything I love!

Oh, I have a second resolution: save up for buying hairbands!! Cool.

erinberry said...

I love the leaves!