Saturday 26 July 2008

Packaging and Parcels (C365, days 321&322)

Apologies for the lack of a blog post yesterday - I was planning a quiet evening of emails and blogging and other internet-y things in the evening but the boyfriend reminded me we had people coming round to dinner! Oops :)

The day before, I'd spent my evening cutting out some pictures to use for making thankyou notes (to send out with my shop orders) - this lot are taken from a 1950s childrens book, some seriously cute pictures!
Then before I was reminded about dinner, yesterday afternoon I devoted myself to packing up some orders:
(The silver packets are felt bundles wrapped in tissue paper, in case you wondered!). My week doesn't have enough of a pattern to it to have fixed shipping days, so I end up doing a bit of packaging here and a bit of posting there but I am becoming increasingly organised with my shipping system. Over the past year I have turned into a serious "postal science" nerd, boring everyone with the correct way to address mail, "interesting" (to no-one but me) facts about customs regulations, and learning exactly the right time to go to the Post Office to avoid queues (not foolproof but spot on 90% of the time).

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Do you happen to know how long it takes a parcel to get to a)Calgary and b) Snoqualme (Washington). Should I give up after 26 days?

N said...

You would love that over here in the states we have like a postal automated shipping kiosk. It doesn't do international though, but is available 24-7. I am planning on receiving one of those packages soon...:-) Happy day!

mooi hoor... said...

Haha this "nerdiness" is actually very useful (nerdiness always is, now I come to think of it). Who wants to stand in line at the post office or hassle with custom issues? I'm slowly turning into a professional myself as well...

Bugs and Fishes said...

Jackie, international mail can get really snarled up. I would definitely wait for the full 4 weeks until I considered it lost. I've had mail within the UK take more than 6 months though so you never know, it might still turn up :D